The Ancient Grains Seed Can
The Preparedness Seeds Ancient Grains Can provides 10 grain seed varieties which have been chosen for their proven health benefits and potential for sustainable farming. Through the ages, various civilizations have used these grain crops to sustain, nourish and cloth their peoples.
There is no way to include enough grain in this assortment to plant a full crop of any one grain but the intention is that these varieties of grain may be saved and preserved by those who purchase the assortment and then used to build up seed stocks in the event of a time of need.
These Seeds are Non-Hybrid, Non-GMO and are not chemically treated. Because they are non-hybrid, seeds may be harvested at the end of the growing season and then used for the next year’s planting.
- 10 large seed packets sealed in a #10 can.
- Packaged for long term storage.
Will keep up to 4 years if stored at 66 to 70 degrees and much longer if kept colder
- All Non-hybrid, open pollinated varieties
- Equivalent of more than 100 average size seed packets.
- Harvested seeds can be planted year after year
- Packets are re-sealable for lasting protection
- Complete planting and harvesting instructions included
BARLEY, Waxy Hulless
QUINOA, Short Blanca
KAMUT? Brand korasan wheat
MILLET, White Proso
CORN, Hopi Blue
*Important – Because of the shortage of Non-Hybrid seed, substitutions may occur!
These seeds will keep for AT LEAST 4-5 years on a shelf at 70 degrees and much longer if kept at lower temperatures.