Mukta Vati – Natures Answer to High Blood Pressure
What is Ivy’s Mukta Vati?
MuktaVati is a unique herbal remedy for hypertension containing ayurvedic time-tested herbs known to help patients with high blood pressure, anxiety and insomnia. When added to an individual’s diet, MuktaVati can help him really fast and the person is able to see results within 3-4 days. Having rare and precious herbs, Muktavati also relieves symptoms of high blood pressure like sleeplessness, anxiety, restless legs syndrome, anxiety etc. A natural hypertension treatment!
High Blood Pressure Symptoms
Irregular or erratic pulse behaviour, Worry, Stress & Anxiety, Obesity, Tiredness and Oedema, High cholesterol, Flushed face, Violent headaches, sensitivity to light.
What are the Mukta Vati Ingredients?
Brahmi (Centella Asiatica)
Brahmi has been traditionally used for nervous disorders, epilepsy, senility, premature aging, hair loss, obstinate skin conditions and venereal diseases. It is considered the primary Ayurvedic nerve and cardiac tonic. It pacifies high vata or pitta. Brahmi relieves mental fatigue, brings undisturbed sleep and treats convulsions. Scientific research suggests that Brahmi (Centella asiatica) improves memory, mental functions and reduces learning time.
Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera)
Ashwagandha is highly valued for its restorative action on the functioning of nervous system and counteracting high blood pressure. It corrects loss of memory arising out of long term stress, illness and overwork. Restores vitality in those suffering from overwork and nervous exhaustion. In fact having the ability to nurture the nervous system, counteract anxiety and stress to promote a calm state of mind, the same Ashvagandha having powerful anti-inflammatory properties, is specific for treating arthritic and rheumatic conditions.
Shankhapushpi (Evolvulus Alsinoides L.)
Popularly known to treat sleep disorders – stress and anxiety, Shankapushpi is quoted in Charaka to be the single greatest herb for enhancing all three aspects of mind power — learning (Dhi), memory (Driti), and recall (Smriti). Thus it is called the greatest Medhya Rasayana (that which enhances the mind). It helps the quality of sleep by improving mind-body coordination.Shankapushpi is very beneficial for the nervous system, enhancing the quality of bone marrow and nerve tissue (Majja Dhatu).
PushkarMool (Inula Racemosus)
Pushkarmool root have been traditionally used in India to support a healthy cardiovascular system. Research suggests that this herb may support healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Being a herb for high blood pressure, It helps cardiac patients take control of their health.
Jyotishmati (Celastrus Paniculatus)
It is a well-endowed, woody climbing twiner, and grows almost all over India, especially in the hilly areas. Seeds are also used to increase memory and are used in loss of appetite, fever and rheumatism. Ayurvedic practitioners have used Jyotishmati widely in psychosomatic disorders. It activates functioning of brain and also strengthens the person to endure the stress, may be emotional or physical. It has been reported to show a depressing effect on the central nervous system and a significant reduction in anxiety.
Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia)
Guduchi is a considered a bitter tonic and powerful immuno-modulator. It is regarded as a blood purifier and liver protector. It is considered helpful in eye disorders and promotes mental clarity. It balances high pitta conditions.
Red Clover Powder (Trifolium Pratense)
An effective astringent, nervine tonic, antacid, diuretic and cardio-tonic. It is also used as a nervine tonic in headache, giddiness and vertigo. Can be used as heart tonic also.
Pearl Powder (Mytilus margaritiferus)
Pearl is a very special herb for hypertension treatment. Powdered Pearl is used as a Shen tonic to stabilize the emotions, allay fright, ease frustration and anger, brighten the eyes and help regenerate tissue. The best pearls, for herbal purposes, are wild sea water pearls that come from cold northern waters. The smaller the pearls, the more powerful their effect. Hydrolyzed Pearl, which is almost totally water soluble, is also now available. This hydrolyzed pearl is highly assimilable and extremely effective.
Recommended Daily Dosage
For those with BP around 140/100 who are currently taking pharmaceutical drug, you can start by taking:
- two tablets of MuktaVati in the morning
- and another two in the evening
- take on an empty stomach with fresh water
When BP is normalized, you can work towards gradually reducing and eventually stopping other blood pressure medications, under your doctor’s care. Never stop your prescription drug abruptly. Allow at least one month to gradually wean off any medication.
If you are not currently taking pharmaceutical drug, then start with this dosage. When your blood pressure is normalized, you can work to adjust to the dosage that best fits you.
For those with BP around 160/100, and occasionally a little higher, who are currently taking pharmaceutical drugs, you can take two tablets three times a day on an empty stomach with
fresh water. That is:
- two tablets before breakfast
- two before lunch
- and another two one hour before dinner
Warning… Do not exceed the above dosage.
When BP is normalized, you can work toward gradually reducing the dosage and eventually stopping other blood pressure medications, under your physician’s supervision. Never stop your prescription drug abruptly. Allow at least one month to gradually wean off any medication.
When BP drugs are stopped and your blood pressure continues to be normalized, then the dose of MuktaVati can be reduced to two tablets twice per day.
In general, those who have not taken high blood pressure medications can start with two tablets in the morning, and two in the evening. Within less than two weeks you should start seeing improvements.
You should monitor your progress closely. If necessary, you may increase your daily dose up to six tablets, but do not exceed this limit. Should you take too much Mukta Vati, your blood pressure may drop too low, and you may experience tiredness.
Please use the above information as a general guideline only. It is not intended as individual medical advice. In our experience Mukta Vati is remarkably effective with most high blood pressure suffers, but there are occasional exceptions. Particularly if you have other health issues, you may want to think carefully regarding your decision to be your own doctor.
- Mukta Vati does thin blood for some people, so caution should be taken to avoid Mukta Vati 2 weeks prior to surgery and during the surgery phase.
- Do not take this product without the consent of your physician if you are currently taking anti-coagulants.
- Safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding not yet established.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place with lid tightly closed. Mukta Vati should be kept at room temperature, not in the refrigerator.
Isolated Systolic Hypertension
Isolated systolic hypertension(ISH) is a condition where only systolic blood pressure is high (more than 140 mmHg). Isolated systolic hypertension is the most common form of high blood pressure in older people due to degenerative and physical factors.
The contributing factors for isolated systolic hypertension may include arthritis, diabetes, gout, spondylosis (a connective symptomatic disorder), being older, being overweight, smoking, and having diabetes.
If you have Isolated Systolic Hypertension, you should stay on your drugs while you are taking Mukta Vati until your conditions have been normalized. Once the systolic pressure is regulated along with Mukta Vati, then you can wean off from the meds by stretching the wean-off process as long as 4-6 months.
Blood Pressure Measuring
Blood pressure readings rise and fall at different times during the day. They are usually higher in the morning before and after you wake up, and are lower in the late afternoon and evening.
In older people with high blood pressure, a sharp increase in blood pressure in the morning (also called blood pressure morning surge) tends to increase the risk of stroke. So you would want to measure your blood pressure in the morning just after waking up so you have a more accurate reading of where you are at.
The Switching Stage
You may go through a tricky stage of switching from your regular medications to Mukta Vati. The trick is to gradually decrease your medication, while establishing an optimal dose of Mukta Vati that will work for you. This requires constant monitoring, while making subtle dosage changes. Never stop your medication abruptly while you are trying to incorporate Mukta Vati into your diet.
Make sure to measure your BP every day. If you see that your BP is dropping too low, you need to slightly cut down the meds dose, using the pill cutter. The point is to avoid your BP becoming too low or inching too high. When you find an optimal combination of Mukta Vati and the meds, stay in that for a while until your BP stabilizes, then you can cut the dose of meds a bit further.
Any change of doses must be done gently and slowly. Continue to monitor your BP everyday, and adjust your Mukta Vati accordingly. If you are at all not certain how to proceed, please ask your physician for help particularly if you have other health issues.
High Blood Pressure Diet
- It will be best if you can take one glass of cool water right after getting up in the morning. This will help Mukta Vati flush out toxins from your body.
- If you can, include food rich with probiotic, live culture (such as yogurt and kefir) into your daily diet. It will help you maintain a healthy intestinal tract and enhance the health of your bowel movement.
- Increase natural mineral intake through leafy vegetable soups can help some people lower their blood pressure. Minerals from leafy vegetables and salads can help tackle constipations. The fiber in these also helps the heart.
- Increase fruits and healthy fats in food; especially, vegetable juice fasting once a week can do wonders to the health of mind, body, and spirit. Vegetable juice fasting is only a suggestion to help further detox your body. If you cannot afford it, Mukta Vati will still help you lower your blood pressure. When doing fasting, you can drink as much water as you want, and the vegetable juice will provide you the minerals and nutrition that your body most needs.
- Regularly drinking homemade, diluted vinegar water or lemon water (with no sugar added) twice a day can greatly contribute to your general health.
- We cannot emphasize enough the importance of eliminating tran-fatty acid from your diet. Tran-fatty acid oxidizes your body and produces free radicals in your systems. It is one of the contributing causes of many health problems.
- Though alcohol can be taken while taking Mukta Vati, it is not a good idea to continue taking it, because alcohol would nullify the effect of Mukta Vati.
Recommended changes for your Life Style
Mukta Vati is a tonic for your blood pressure, it is not a cure. From Ayurveda perspective, high blood pressure is a symptom, not an independent disease. Its root-cause is often found in the lifestyle.
In order for you to get in control of your health it would be well to tackle these basic causes.
- Reduce intoxicating intakes such as coffee, alcohol, and nicotine.
- Eliminate iodized salt from food and use sea salt instead.
- Eliminate cortico-steroids, synthetic hormones (birth control pills), decongestants, NSAIDS, and diet pills. Since some steroidal drugs are addictive, you must consult your doctor before reducing or stopping its use.
- The following are a list of things known to lower stress-related hypertension: meditation, yoga, abdominal breathing exercises, Tai Chi, Qi-Gung, or non-attachment.
- The best medicine is from Nature: Take a walk outdoors and see the beauty of nature. Set aside 30 minutes for walking everyday if possible.
To keep the Mukta Vati tablets natural and effective, the manufacturer in India doesn’t add fillers or binders in the tablets. This of course subjects the tablets to being easily broken. Especially after a long transit from India, there is a small chance that some tablets might get broken or crushed.
You can still take those broken tablets as long as the seal was on the
Disclaimer – All information available here is for educational purposes only. None of these statements or products have been evaluated by FDA. We do not claim to cure, prevent or treat any disease.